Dynamic Dresdens Book
Dynamic Dresdens is 96 full color pages with a pull-out sheet and accurate, clear instructions so you will be able to build amazing quilts and thoroughly enjoy the process! Projects include options for seven customizable quilt patterns, tips for creating accurate Dresden units, and innovative finishing techniques. All patterns are offered for both 18 and 30 degree Dresden rulers, and instructions are color-coded to make it easy to follow the right one for your ruler choice.
You’ll learn how to:
Soft cover, 96 pages with a pull-out sheet.
- Create double-pointed wedges with the inside edge of Dresden units already finished (no applique needed)
- Cut accurate wedges with Dynamic Dresdens Rulers and other Dresden rulers or templates
- Turn points with the patented Prairie Pointer Tool or another pointed object
- Use a sew-and-flip technique on a fabric foundation to create flat, precise units
- Prevent background fabric from shadowing through Dresden fabrics
- Construct pieced wedges with immaculate intersections
- Add piping to pieced wedges
- Fussy-cut interesting fabrics for spinning or kaleidoscopic effects
- Interlock rings for 3-D effects
- Integrate partial units into background piecing
- Build waves, straight runs, and loop-de-loops
- Design your own Dresden quilt in the size you choose
- Create flat, square quilts with beautiful binding
- Finish with the Dresdens Over the Edge technique
Dynamic Dresdens Rulers
These rulers are indispensable for anyone who wants to make Dresden blocks easy and expand the range of creative options for Dresden block designs.
Instructions include inspiration, new ideas and a link to a free pattern.
Left- AND right-handed cutting diagrams are available.
- Horizontal measuring lines help you to perfectly align your fabric for cutting
- Full inch and half inch notation are on opposite edges for clarity
- A center line enables fussy cutting for symmetry and kaleidoscopic effects
- Thin and dashed lines make it easy to accurately align the ruler
Get even more inspiration with Susan's book, Dynamic Dresdens. Dynamic Dresdens is 96 full color pages with a pull-out sheet and accurate, clear instructions so you will be able to build amazing quilts and thoroughly enjoy the process!
Projects include options for seven 18 and 30 degree customizable complete quilt patterns, tips for creating accurate Dresden units, and innovative finishing techniques.
18 degree wedges require 20 wedges per ring to complete a full circle.
30 degree wedges require 12 wedges per ring to complete a full circle.